Saturday, July 01, 2006

Mamey Sapote Dessert Sauce is Yummy

Experimenting with Mamey Sapotes, I have made up a sauce to go with banana pancakes. The guests can't choose between the black sapote sauce and the mamey sapote sauce - they think both are wonderful.

I have started selling it to the fruit tasters, but they are not sure how to use it, so I have taken a photo of the pancakes - just looking at it makes my mouth water - and will post the photo above the sauces, just like in a japanese restaurant where you get to see what it looks like before you choose.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:59 AM

    Looks delicious, indeed.
    Unfortunately, I cannot find mameys here to try...
    Not the case with black sapotes, though. Next winter, I expect to have a sizeable crop to experiment with :-)

    ReplyDelete